WASHINGTON, D.C. – November 3, 2014 – The National Wheat Foundation (NWF) has partnered with BASF to give away four scholarships for students with connections to the wheat industry. The scholarship is named in honor of Jerry Minore, who was a longtime friend of the wheat industry and advocate for wheat farmers. To honor his work and life, BASF and NWF give away scholarships to students who are planning careers in agriculture.
The Minore Memorial Scholarship will fund four college scholarships for the 2014-2015 academic year: two $1,500 scholarships and two $1,000 scholarships.
To be eligible for the Minore Memorial Scholarship, students must:
- Be freshmen, sophomores or juniors pursuing an agricultural-related degree;
- Be enrolled in an accredited college, university, junior or community college;
- Be a member of the National Association of Wheat Growers; have a close relative (parent, grandparent) who is a member of the National Association of Wheat Growers; OR be nominated by someone sitting on the NAWG Board of Directors or a state wheat association board.
Applicants for the Minore Memorial Scholarship should submit:
- A completed application form;
- Two letters of recommendation, from a professor, academic advisor or nominating sponsor;
- A current transcript (freshmen may submit a high school transcript);
- An essay response.
All applications must be postmarked ON or BEFORE Dec. 19, 2014.More information about the scholarship and the application form are here.